Q: Any there any size restrictions on RVs?
A: All of our sites are large enough to accommodate just about any street legal RV.
Q: Are there any age restrictions on RVs?
A: We automatically accept all RVs manufactured within the last 10 years. Anything older than 10 years will need pictures of all 4 sides of unit emailed to management for approval.
Q: Are children allowed at the park?
Q: Are RVs/Cabins available to rent?
A: Not yet, but will be coming soon!
Q: How fast is the WiFi internet?
A: Basic internet (free) data cap = 2mbp/s
Premium plus internet ($15.99/mo) = 25mbp/s
Q: How far is the nearest lake?
A: Lake Fork is 3 miles south.
Q: Is there a laundry room?
A: Yes, there are laundry facilities on the premises.
Q: Are there any restaurants close by?
A: Yes! MANY RESTAURANTS ARE WITHIN A 10 MILE RADIUS.
Subway is ½ mile north.
The Neon Moon is ½ mile north.
Gateway Bar & Grill is 1 mile south.
Yantis Café is 3 miles north in Yantis.
Bro’s Patio Cajun Delights is 2 miles away.
Bill Smith’s Buffet and Seafood is 5.4 miles away.
Lovell’s Restaurant is 6.7 miles away.
There is also a Starbucks on Hwy 154, and many others not listed.
Q: How far is the RV Park from larger towns?
A: Yantis is 4 miles north.
Quitman is 9 miles south.
Sulphur Springs is 16 miles north.
- Payment Terms:
- a. RV Rates – Camping Rates include 6 campers per site depending on site. Add $2 per day for additional campers.
- b. Payment Policy – The payment of 100% of reservation fee is required at the time of booking. Advanced payments made over the internet will only be accepted with credit card payment. By providing a debit or credit card, you are authorizing The Lazy Turtle RV Park to bill your debit or credit card for the full amount of reservation, including any costs accrued at the property, and any outstanding balances not paid at the time of departure. Long-term campers will be invoiced monthly and payment is required no later than noon on the last day of the reservation.
- c. Late Payments – Fees not paid by noon on the last day of previous camping period will be subject to a $25.00 late fee and a $5.00 fee will be charged per day until all outstanding balances are paid in full. Future payments will be required to be debit, credit card or certified funds. Cash will not be accepted. Please plan accordingly.
- d. Change Policy – A fee of $10.00 will be charged to change any reservation.
- e. Extending a Stay – All fees are to be paid prior to continuing your stay. Payment to extend a stay must be made prior to 9:00 am on the expected departure date. Acceptance of extension will be based upon availability. The Lazy Turtle RV Park cannot guarantee availability until a deposit is received. Any site that is occupied 24 hours without payment of site fee will have utilities disconnected and immediate action will be taken under the trespassing laws.
- f. Damages – Registered camper(s) will be responsible for any damages caused to the RV Park property, whether directly or indirectly, by them or any of their guests. Fees will include all necessary replacement parts and repair labor. Emergency, holiday, and specialty repairs will result in higher costs.
- a. Check-In and Check-Out Time – Check-in time is 2:00 pm and Check-out time is 11:00 am. Campers desiring to check-in early or check-out late may do so depending upon availability and by paying an early check-in fee of $5.00 per hour. Late check-out fee is $10.00 per hour if not pre-arranged.
b. Cancellations - We view a reservation as a “two-way” agreement. We agree to hold the space which you have reserved and turn away all further requests in return for your payment.
Refunds will only be as follows:
Daily Reservations – Cancellations 7 days or more prior to the scheduled check-in are subject to a penalty equal to 1 day reservation fee. There are no refunds for reservations cancelled less than 6 days prior to your scheduled date of arrival.
Weekly and Monthly Reservations – The reservation deposit for a weekly/monthly reservation converts to an electrical deposit upon check-in and is refundable minus any outstanding fees. The reservation deposit is non-refundable if check-in does not occur on scheduled date or if reservation is cancelled. There are no refunds for early departures, late arrivals, inclement weather, power outages or acts of nature.
- RV Set-up:
- a. Site – The unit must be positioned on site with all connections on the same side of the park’s utility connections. Each campsite is limited to (1) camping unit and (2) additional units (vehicles/motorcycles/trailers etc.).
- b. Septic/Sewer – A sewer hose “donut” or “L” connector is required. Only use non-formaldehyde products and septic system approved toilet tissue. Feminine hygiene products, diapers, paper towels, etc., are to be discarded in trash cans only. Campers will be held financially responsible for any damage caused to the septic system as a result of pouring chemicals or non-biodegradable products of any type into system. (If in doubt, DO NOT pour it down the drain.)
- c. Electrical – Campers acknowledge that they will be connecting to park electrical sources at their own risk. The Lazy Turtle RV Park is not liable for damage or injury that occurs either directly or indirectly relating to electricity.
- d. Campsite Cleanliness and Appearance – Campsite cleanliness is required for aesthetic, sanitary and safety purposes. Your site must be kept litter-free, including cigarette butts. All trash is to be placed in park dumpsters, immediately. Decorations for holidays are permitted as long as they are not disruptive to other campers and are within the site perimeters. Items that are permitted at assigned campsites include: grills/smokers, bikes, lawn chairs, and camping-related equipment. Clotheslines are not allowed. Storage of any items under the RV unit is prohibited. Portable camp awnings without sides or with net sides are permitted, but tarp-created sides are not allowed. Staking into gravel is not permitted. Attaching items or hanging items on trees and fencing is prohibited. It is at the discretion of the park staff to determine whether or not a campsite is in compliance. YOU MAY NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES TO THE RV SITE WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT FROM MANAGEMENT.
- e. Decking and Skirting – Decking and/or skirting that is erected or attached to any RV is not permitted. The only decking that will be considered must be portable/easily removable. YOU MAY NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES (or build/install any decks) WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT FROM MANAGEMENT.
- Repairs and Maintenance:
- a. RV Unit – Units more than 10 years old will only be accepted by individual approval of management. Park staff will perform an external inspection of all units periodically during the course of stay. The following items may result in camping not being permitted or a “request to repair or vacate”: expired registration and or licensing; damage to the exterior of the unit including broken windows, leaks, missing panels, dents, rust holes, mold, mildew, exposed wiring, missing components, offensive/unsightly graphics, tires that are not inflated completely and/or flat, makeshift repairs using tape, tarps and/or other materials not factory installed, unable to be relocated on own power or tow vehicle not available at all times, units that are not self-contained. All trailer tongues or hitches must be in working order and unlocked. 30/50 amp electrical plug from the RV must be in safe working condition free of calcium build-up or corrosion and also be UL certified. Warped or melted plugs or protective sheath damage will not be acceptable. Sewage lines must have proper flanges and connections with no leakage, sewer hose must be inserted into the drain with a plastic elbow or rubber donut only, and waste tank emptying valve handles are to remain closed & opened to be emptied. Window air conditioners and electrical cords running out of windows are not permitted.
- b. Other Vehicles – All vehicles must be street legal and legally licensed. The following is not permitted: operation of a vehicle to create excessive noise or markings, repairs or maintenance. Flat tire and battery jumping is permitted within a 2 hour time limit. Washing of RV unit is permitted every 3 months. Washing of any other vehicle(s) on premises is not permitted.
- Vehicle Traffic & Parking:
- a. Entry, Exit and Speed Limits – Park entry and exit routes are to be used as designated. Speed limit within campground is 5 mph.
- b. Parking – Vehicles must be parked in parking areas at assigned campsite or at parking near office/clubhouse. Parking anywhere other than your camp sites is prohibited at all times.
- c. Trailers, Boats and ATVs – Trailers not being used as a camping unit may accompany a camping unit on site. The trailer and/or boat will be counted as (1) “other unit” and must be kept within the perimeter of the site. No ATVs/SxS/UTVs, or unlicensed motorcycles allowed out of trucks or trailers.
- a. Campground Guests – Guests are to park at your site only. Guest vehicles must vacate the park by 11:00 pm unless staying overnight.
- b. Minors – Minors shall not be allowed to register for a campsite and must be accompanied by a registered camper at all times. Minors are required to be within their campsite by 10:00 pm and within their camping unit by midnight. Registered campers are responsible for all conduct and safety of, or damage caused by, any accompanying minors. Under no circumstances are minors under the age of 13 to be left unattended during daylight hours. Minors under the age of 16 are not to be left unattended during night hours. Minors are not to operate any motorized carts, bike, or vehicles.
- c. Quiet Time – A period of “quiet time” shall be observed in the campground area between the hours of 10:00 pm and 8:00 am. During this time period, noise and other disturbing activities will not be allowed.
- d. Behavior – Illegal drugs and public intoxication will not be tolerated under any circumstances and will result in the notification of the police and immediate notice to vacate without any refund of fees paid. Loud, obnoxious, disorderly, boisterous, or unlawful conduct or conduct that disturbs or threatens the rights, comfort, or convenience of others in or near the property will not be tolerated and violence or threat of violence will not be tolerated. If we have to call the authorities one time for a disturbance at your site you will be required to leave.
- e. Notice to Vacate – The park management reserves the right to refuse camping and to have any camper or guest removed with or without prior notice for violation of rules, stated here or published elsewhere. Failure to comply with a demand to depart may result in violation of trespassing laws and towing of camping unit at the camper’s expense. If any person refuses to vacate the premises, the police shall remove the occupant(s) prior to the removal of the camping unit. Notice of the removal including the name, address and phone number of the towing/storage facility will be posted at the camp site and/or at the park office.
- f. Refusal of Services – We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at any time. Any right granted to overnight visitors in the RV park will be through a revocable license, which may be revoked at any time. Under no circumstances should you consider yourself a tenant with a lease.
- g. Theft of Service Law – You MAY NOT assign or sublet your site. According to Texas Penal Code Section 31:04 (b), any guest who leaves without paying for site services or who refuses to pay for site services when due is subject to criminal prosecution. Since we are providing service hook-ups for your RV, we require full payment in advance and will prosecute any violations under the “THEFT OF SERVICES LAW’. You ARE NOT under a landlord/tenant arrangement.
- Restrictions To Note:
- a. Pets – Pets must be registered at the park office. Pets must be kept on a maximum 10-foot leash. Current vaccination documentation must be readily available upon request. Pets that snarl, growl, bark, snap, bite and/or are noisy are not allowed. Pets may not be left unattended outside of camping unit, may not be left outside overnight, and may not enter park buildings. Staking or “tying up” outside is not permitted at any time. Pets must be cleaned up after immediately. A $25.00 fine will be assessed for each pet violation. More than 3 fines will result in a required departure.
- b. Fires – Fires are only permitted in commercially purchased grills/smoker units and may only be used for cooking purposes. These units may only be used and stored at assigned campsites only. Ground fires are never permitted.
- c. Operation of Business – The operation of a business on the RV site or on the property is prohibited.
- d. Smoking – Smoking inside the rest rooms, office, club house, or laundry room is strictly prohibited.
- e. Firearms & Fireworks – Displaying, discharging or possessing a gun, knife or other weapon in any way that may alarm others is not allowed. Fireworks are not permitted.
- f. Overnight Sleeping – This is prohibited outside of camping unit. (Includes tents)
- g. Generators - We do not allow generators.
- Failure to Enforce is not a Waiver: The failure of The Lazy Turtle RV Management to enforce at any time any provision of these rules shall in no way be construed to be a waiver of any of the rules listed above.
- As the name recreational vehicle implies, all rigs must be mobile and easy to move in the event of an emergency or at the request of management.
- FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ALL RULES WILL RESULT IN THE TERMINATION OF THE SITE SERVICES AGREEMENT AND WILL REQUIRE YOU TO VACATE THE PROPERTY IMMEDIATELY, whereby refunds will not be given.